Sonntag, Juni 11, 2006

Tanti auguri per il compleanno!

This is the most beautiful family - inside and out - I know. When I lived in Portland/Oregon, Joe and I worked for the same company. I was very fortunate to have him as my best friend there ... and I was even more fortunate to become friends with his wonderful family. I immediately fell in love with his six-year-old son Avalon. I will never forget when he once said to me: "Conny, you look very nice today!" - I just melted - it so much made my day :-) I always wanted to know their secret how to raise their kids with such good manners. They always behave sooo well!

What a coincidence it was when Joe and his family moved to Germany five years ago. Joe's wife Rhonda had applied for a transition within her company from Vancouver to Böblingen. They bought a house here, and Joe was very lucky to become a teacher at the International School in Stuttgart.

This is their youngest son: Zaven (8 years old) - what a cutie!!!



Happy 40th Birthday! Here's to you, Joe!


I love this picture of Rhonda and Joe - what a wonderful couple!


Rhonda just looks gorgeous. She's one of the most thoughtful people I know. And she always gives good advice. Already ten years ago she encouraged me to pursue my passion ... photography ...


Another great pic of Rhonda and Joe


And here's my great love: Avalon. I can't believe he's 17 now!!!! I almost had tears in my eyes when I saw him yesterday: He's no longer the little boy I knew - he's become a very handsome young man now!


And he's got a beautiful girlfriend (Ana, you're the luckiest girl on earth! :-)


The brothers ...


And now they are off again ... they will be moving to Italy. They found a house nearby Como ... and will be neighbors with George Clooney, haha. We will come and visit SOON!!!! :-)

I just found this old picture - one of my favourites: Zaven (4 yrs) babysitting Juliana (six months old) a whole night. The two of them had a blast! :-)


And, of course, I love this one: Zaven kissing Juliana